Call of The Wild 2020
Our flagship course - a year long foundation in outdoor education leadership delivered in association with Schumacher College.
With Chris Salisbury, Israh Goodall, Sebastian Kelly, Toni Spencer, Pat Fleming, Tony Whitehead and Robin Bowman
Take an active part in this hands-on, experiential course based on 6 skills-development weekends. Be introduced to deep ecology, earth education, fieldcraft, bushcraft, night walks, naturalist study, canoe-trips, ceremony, storytelling and more. You will develop a more grounded and effective approach to mentoring nature-connection, you will deepen your own connection with the natural world itself and you will be more connected to yourself and to your aspirations. In more personal terms the programme aims to align you with your goals, connect you deeply with nature, and offer you tools and experiences that will translate effectively into everyday life
- 6 Core Skills and Development weekends, April – November
- 4 WildWise professional training courses
- 5 -10 days fieldwork on WildWise camps and events, or a related external project
- 5 mentoring sessions
- Various assignments and practices associated with developing nature connection and integrated learning
- Online peer group.
The course dates for the 2020 skills development weekends are:
- 24-27 April Orientation: An introduction and induction to Schumacher College. Group-bulding, orientation and introduction to core routines. Meet mentors, take a night walk, get assignments and practices
- 12-15 June Bushcraft skills, bird language, night work, assignments and practices
- 17-20 July Sensory awareness, tracking skills, wildlife observation, night activity, intuition walk, assignments and practices
- 11-14 September Creative interpretation, nature games, Earth education, environmental storytelling, animating nature, narrative techniques, storymaking, nightpaddle, assignments and practices
- 2-5 October Gaia theory, deep ecology, active hope, grief-tending, Council of all Beings, overnight solo, assignments and practices
- 6-9 November Leadership styles, eco-constellations, information and resources for environmental education, celebration
Timings: approximate timings for most weekends are from 2pm Friday until 2pm Monday however detailed joining instructions are sent out before each weekend
Booking Deadline: 13th March 2020*
*NB there is always a high demand for places for this course so please do not delay your application as places are allocated on a first come-first served basis
You can read much more about the course and reserve your place via the Schumacher College website here.