Call of The Wild 2019
Our flagship course - a year long foundation in outdoor education leadership delivered in association with Schumacher College.
With Chris Salisbury, Israh Goodall, Sebastian Kelly, Toni Spencer, Pat Fleming, Tony Whitehead, Robin Bowman and Marcus Reynerson
Take an active part in this hands-on, experiential course based on 6 skills-development weekends. Be introduced to deep ecology, earth education, fieldcraft, bushcraft, night walks, naturalist study, canoe-trips, ceremony, storytelling and more. You will develop a more grounded and effective approach to mentoring nature-connection, you will deepen your own connection with the natural world itself and you will be more connected to yourself and to your aspirations. In more personal terms the programme aims to align you with your goals, connect you deeply with nature, and offer you tools and experiences that will translate effectively into everyday life
- 6 Core Skills and Development weekends, March – October
- 4 WildWise professional training courses
- 5 -10 days fieldwork on WildWise camps and events, or a related external project
- 5 mentoring sessions
- Various assignments and practices associated with developing nature connection and integrated learning
- Online peer group.
The course dates for the 2019 skills development weekends are:
- 15-18 March – Orientation
- 26-29 April – Hands
- 31 May - 3 June – Imagination
- 19-22 July – Awareness
- 13 - 16 September – Heart
- 25 - 28 October – Leadership
Booking Deadline: 18th January 2019*
*NB there is always a high demand for places for this course so please do not delay your application as places are allocated on a first come-first served basis
You can read much more about the course and reserve your place via the Schumacher College website here.