This course is a 2-day course delving into: what challenges us as leaders in the outdoors; theory on challenging behavior, up-to-date neural research; triggers and causes for challenging behavior, ways of dealing with 'real life' scenarios; de-escalation and formulating / reviewing your own policies e.g. the validity of sanctions and rewards.
Aims: This course will help delegates to:
- Further understand factors that lead to challenging behavior
- Meet learners’ needs in the outdoors
- Adopt effective intervention strategies
- Explore some ‘real’ life scenarios and case studies
- Review and write policies and procedures relating to behaviour and safeguarding
- Become more confident with supporting groups of young people in the outdoors
- Ensure they have the skills and understanding needed to complete a portfolio of evidence after the training
As Education and Training Officer for Bishops Wood Environmental Centre, International Training Coordinator for the Institute of Earth Education, Jon worked for almost 20 years with pupils, teachers, local education authorities and other organisations working in environmental education, and on sustainability issues. He has a long association with WildWise.
*rates for individuals / voluntary-charitable organisations / businesses
How to Book
Online booking is coming soon. In the meantime please register your interest here
For late availability and/or last minute bookings please call 07919 093784
no refunds or credits for cancellations <28 days