Earth education is the process of helping people of all ages live more harmoniously and joyously with the natural world. One of the most commonly led earth education vehicles for encouraging people to feel the joy, kinship, reverence and love for the natural world is an Earthwalk -- 'a light, refreshing touch of nature that focuses on reawakening individual senses and sharpening perceptions in the natural world.’
This will be the first workshop in the UK to launch the new earthwalk book - packed with old and NEW sensory based activities and with an in-depth look at how to conduct earthwalks, for all ages.
What you will gain:
- An introduction to earth education and where Earthwalks ‘fit’ in our programmes;
- A chance to plan and review your own Earthwalk;
- Experience two different Earthwalks;
- In-depth analysis on leadership, mechanics, and flow of an Earthwalk;
- An update on earth education developments.
The day starts at 9.00am and finishes at 5.00pm with indoor and outdoor sessions
Course leader: Jon Cree
As an Education and Training Officer for Bishops Wood Environmental Centre, International Training Coordinator for the Institute of Earth Education, and long associated with WildWise, Jon has worked for more than 20 years now with pupils, teachers, local education authorities and other organisations working in environmental education, and on sustainability issues.
“”This has been a very intense workshop full of content and incredible relational learning - I feel equipped to lead an earthwalk - a very special adventure with nature, pure magic” participant on earthwalk workshop - Italy Autumn 2018"
* rates for individuals / voluntary-charitable organisations / businesses
For late availability and/or any last minute bookings please call 07919 093784