This highly creative, dynamic workshop will explore the relationship between stories, storytelling & the natural world around us, with its application to school & community groups. It will suit beginners & those who already work with stories.
This day is for anyone involved in working with groups (adults or children) in an educational setting. It is for those wishing to enable a creative response to the world around them utilising the power and richness of language and stories. During the process of the workshop we will play games, immerse ourselves through observational exercises and share experiences... and stories of course!
The day will be conducted using a variety of techniques and will cover most of the following:
- How to start using words in a simple ways
- The ‘key’ steps to telling stories
- Methods of learning and working with stories
- How to use the natural world as inspiration for storymaking
- How to tell stories in a number of ways
- Where to source environmental stories and resources for storytelling and storymaking.
Course Tutor - Chris Salisbury
Educator, trainer and professional storyteller, Chris has a background in theatre and is a qualified dramatherapist. He founded WildWise in 1999 after many years working as education officer for the Devon Wildlife Trust. In 2002 he founded the Westcountry Storytelling Festival to bring the oral tradition alive in the South West region and for which he is now the Artistic Director. He continues as director and senior instructor for WildWise using every creative means at his disposal to encourage the enjoyment and valuing of nature on events and courses around the world
* rates for individuals / voluntary-charitable organisations / businesses
Cancellations: no refunds or credits for cancellations <28 days
NB For late availability and/or last minute bookings please call 07919 093784
HOW TO BOOK
1. Email us here: please provide your contact details and how you would like to pay i.e. BACS or card
2. By phone: call 01803 868269 (message service when office unattended)
3. Online booking via Eventbrite: instant booking with immediate confirmation (recommended for late bookings). Eventbrite booking fees apply. See below