This practical and creative day is structured to provide time for experimenting, receiving feedback and taking your practice somewhere new. It is an opportunity to focus on ideas you wish to develop, to hone specific skills and to lean into your own learning edges.
With group, pair and solo work, the day will include:
- Sharing interests and live issues
- ‘Sketching’ and trialing ideas
- Insights from different approaches to facilitation
- Insights into improving the design of courses or sessions
- Practices to deepen your presence and resilience as a facilitator
- Peer and trainer feedback
- Support with challenging situations
This training is for those who have done the Wildwise course Eco-Facilitation: skills for experiential environmental education and those with experience in related facilitation who want to experiment and find new directions.
Come ready to take risks, ask questions and get in to the nitty-gritty of facilitation!
Course Tutor: Toni Spencer
Toni is an educator, mentor and artist working with questions of deep ecology and ‘a politics of wonder’. As a lecturer, and course leader Toni has taught on the faculty of Schumacher College (Educational Practice, Ecological Facilitation as Leadership, Embodied Eco-literacy); at Embercombe and at Goldsmiths, (Eco Design). As a participatory artist she has worked with Encounters Arts and The Feral Kitchen, also taking ‘The Work That Reconnects’ to activist communities at Occupy London and elsewhere. She is a Trustee at ProcessworkUK and was on the Embercombe Council for 8 years.
Toni brings a varied basket of skills and practices from many years of studying, dancing, foraging and ‘living life as inquiry’. She is a mentor and teacher for Call of The Wild with Wildwise / Schumacher College.
* rates for individuals / voluntary-charitable organisations / businesses
For late availability and/or any last minute bookings please call 07919 093784
Cancellations: no refunds or credits for cancellations <28 days - see our terms & conditions for details
HOW TO BOOK
1. Email us here: please provide your contact details and how you would like to pay i.e. BACS or card.
2. By phone: call 01803 868269 (message service when office unattended).
3. Online booking via Eventbrite: instant booking with immediate confirmation (recommended for late bookings). Eventbrite booking fees apply. See below