Complementing the Forest Skills 1 introductory course, this day will look at skills to give teachers and environmental educators more confidence in leading groups outdoors. This course will focus on improving more of your own resources and knowledge in fire-by-friction, natural cordage, wild foods and campfire cooking. It is ideal for those who have done the introduction or have some experience of basic forest skills.
The Forest Skills 2 course picks up where the introductory Forest Skills 1 course left off. It assumes a basic proficiency with knife and folding saw, and stretches the student further in terms of new skills and knowledge of Britain’s natural resources. The subject areas covered will further enhance the participant’s personal confidence in being in the outdoors, as well as stimulating a deeper interest in bushcraft, and how it might be applied to different educational settings. The course continues to show how learning these skills can offer empowerment, inspiration and a deep experience of nature to a wide variety of client-groups.
The final course content is subject to the interests/skills of the group but is likely to include most of the following:
· Firecraft including an introduction to fire-by-friction
· Wild edible/medicinal plants
· Natural cordage
· Backcountry cooking techniques
Course Tutor - Chris Salisbury
Educator, trainer and storyteller, Chris founded WildWise after working for the Devon Wildlife Trust. After forging a working relationship with Ray Mears and John Rhyder, fieldcraft has become an important component in his work on courses around the world. Amongst many other qualifications, Chris has also been through the Forest School training programme.
* rates for individuals / voluntary-charitable organisations / businesses
For late availability and last minute bookings please call 07919 093784
HOW TO BOOK
1. Email us here: please provide your contact details and how you would like to pay i.e. BACS or card
2. By phone: call 01803 868269 (message service when office unattended)
3. Online booking via Eventbrite: instant booking with immediate confirmation (recommended for late bookings). Eventbrite booking fees apply. See below