A wild weekend living close to nature where women & young girls (6+) will explore our connection to both land and horses through natural horsemanship practices.
Understanding how horses communicate with us and each other and how and why the herd dynamic works, can enable us to create meaningful relationships, healthy boundaries and insight to our emotions too.
Working in a small group this is an opportunity for women and girls to taste the outdoor life in a beautiful Devon location, spend quality time by a fireside, camp out under the stars, and enjoy the company of humanity's oldest ally.
Horses have lived on the Earth for thousands of years and have helped humans to build a civilised world, providing transport, powering machinery, partnering us in sport and even going underground into mines. The noblest of creatures, wherever people have ventured, horse has been their companion. On this weekend we will have time to hang out with the horses, observe them in a natural herd and explore what draws us to want to spend time around them. They are highly sensitive creatures, being prey animals they can tune in to their surroundings and act to keep themselves safe. They have much to teach us about ourselves, our relationships and family dynamics and we can learn what they need from us so they can live as close to their own wild nature as possible, whilst still being around humans.
We will camp next to the horses, cook over an open fire, share songs and stories, as traditional horse people/tribes have for centuries, and we will use our nature awareness skills to become like the horses and read the natural environment, even begin to see and think like a horse! We will play games, groom our hairy friends, do craft activities and have fun stepping into our own horse power!
All activities are supervised. Bring any personal horse stories you may have, a tent, sleeping bag, tough shoes or boots and waterproofs.
"My daughter has written in my diary under Horse Power Weekend, “It was INCREDIBLE!” which indeed it was. It will remain in our memories for a long time, and we hope to return next year." Caroline Richards, Horse Power for Girls
- No previous experience with horses is required, in fact a fear of horses is welcome.
- There are many activities involving and up close with horses, however there is no horse riding on this event
- The activities on this camp are suitable for girls aged 6yrs and older; no younger children please!
All food & refreshments are provided however you may wish to bring along some snacks / luxury foods.
Cancellations: No refunds or credits for client cancellations <28 days before event. Please see our T&Cs for full details.
How to Book
1. Email us here: please provide your contact details and how you would like to pay i.e. BACS or card
2. By phone: call 01803 868269 (message service when office unattended)
3. Online booking via Eventbrite: instant booking with immediate confirmation (recommended for late bookings). Eventbrite booking fees apply. See below: