20th September 2018
9.30am - 4.30pm
Cost: £80 / £95 / £120*
eco-facilitation: skills for experiential environmental education
How do we enable connection with nature from a deep understanding that we too are part of nature? How does this change how we work with groups?
This workshop introduces creative practices and simple inquiries to help open deeper connections within the natural world. The day will include some basics for working with groups, as well as opportunities for finding your own approach to facilitation in this field. Looking at outdoor and indoor settings, we will explore how to lead a group into a more vital and inquiring relationship with ecology, place and sustainability.
We will explore themes such as:
- Cultivating awareness, curiosity and connection
- The role of language, feeling and sensation in shifting perspectives
- Balancing structure and emergence
- Co-facilitating with the rest of nature
The day will include:
- Simple frameworks for designing sessions
- Tips on presence, preparation and how to be more able to respond in the moment
- Specific exercises that can be adapted for any session: from a 1 hour walk to a weeklong wilderness quest
- Opportunities to practice
- Time for discussion about how to tailor these approaches to your specific work context
Course Tutor: Toni Spencer
Toni is an educator, mentor and artist working with questions of deep ecology and ‘a politics of wonder’. As a lecturer, and course leader Toni has taught on the faculty of Schumacher College (Educational Practice, Ecological Facilitation as Leadership, Embodied Eco-literacy); at Embercombe and at Goldsmiths, (Eco Design). As a participatory artist she has worked with Encounters Arts and The Feral Kitchen, also taking ‘The Work That Reconnects’ to activist communities at Occupy London and elsewhere. She is a Trustee at ProcessworkUK and was on the Embercombe Council for 8 years.
Toni brings a varied basket of skills and practices from many years of studying, dancing, foraging and ‘living life as inquiry’. She is a mentor and teacher for Call of The Wild with Wildwise / Schumacher College.
* rates for individuals / voluntary-charitable organisations / businesses
For late availability and/or any last minute bookings please call 07919 093784
Cancellations: no refunds or credits for cancellations <28 days - see our terms & conditions for details
BOOK NOW: select your ticket(s) below and click 'Order Now'