leading earthwalks - from connection to kinship
20th September 2016
9.30am - 4.30pm
Cost: £115 / £95 / £70*
From the Institute of Earth Education, this is the perfect opportunity to revise and review the practice of leading Earthwalks with some dynamic new activities that focus on our kinship and reverence for the natural world. A course to inspire those new to this method of nature connection, and to reinvigorate and support more experienced educators.
Leading Earthwalks Day - Leadership Workshop
One of the most commonly led vehicles for encouraging people to 'live more harmoniously and joyously with the natural world' is an Earthwalk - a light, refreshing touch of nature that focusses on reawakening individual senses and sharpening perceptions in the natural world. This workshop will help you learn how to lead these walks.
What will you gain?
You will gain:
- An introduction to earth education and where 'Earthwalks' fit in our programmes.
- A chance to plan and review your own Earthwalk.
- Experience two different Earthwalks.
- An in-depth analysis of leadership, mechanics and flow of an Earthwalk.
- An update on earth education developments.
What happens in a Leading Earthwalks Day?
The day usually starts at 9.30 and finishes at 4.30 with indoor and outdoor sessions, including:
- An introduction to earth education
- A model Earthwalk
- Earthwalk leadership guidelines
- Earthwalk analysis
- Designing and reviewing an Earthwalk
and other earth education materials and developments.
Course Tutor – Mark Jeffries
* rates for businesses / voluntary-charitable organisations / individuals
For late availability and/or any last minute bookings please call 07919 093784
BOOK NOW: select your ticket(s) below and click 'Order Now'