General Camp Information
Unless specified events and courses are held in Devon. The exact location for your course/event will be confirmed on booking.
Food and water
Water will be supplied at all camps.
Evening meals and simple breakfasts are provided on weekend camps, but you would need to bring enough food for your lunches and to supplement your own breakfasts and . All food is provided on the children’s/teenage camps and the Family Camp. On day events you will need to bring a packed lunch.
We do our best to cater for special diets, but cannot guarantee to provide everything you might want!
Cooking is usually a community event, although individuals can do their own thing.
For the kids and teenage camps, WildWise can supply some communal tents, 3-man ridge tents and camping mats, but for all other events, please bring your own tent if you have one. We do however have 2-4 person tents available to hire at a cost of £5 per night.
Basic Kit List
- Warm sleeping bag (and extra blanket)
- Sleeping mat (and pillow)
- Waterproof clothing
- Sturdy shoes/boots and trainers
- Suitable clothing for all weather conditions
- Spare set of clothes
- Hat and gloves
- Toiletries (natural/biodegradable products where possible)
- Personal medication
- Suncream and insect repellant
- Torch and spare batteries
- Notebook and pen
- Emergencies All instructors are fully trained in outdoor first aid.
We give out an emergency contact number upon booking. This is checked regularly for messages.